Honey for Dry & Damaged hair
Honey is a unique product that is often used not only in cooking, but also in cosmetology. It is included in creams, balms, lotions, shampoos, and also added in homemade mixtures for body, face and hair care. The rich composition of honey makes it a valuable component for masks and hair wraps, which are easy to prepare at home. The following components are especially useful for hair:
- Vitamin B-ee complex: B-vitamins help create red blood cells, which carry nutrients and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicles.
- Vitamin C: A natural antioxidant that makes the strands shiny, gives them a well-groomed appearance, and helps to improve the condition of the scalp.
- Potassium: Prevents hair loss by nourishing the scalp and stimulating hair follicles.
- Zinc: It regulates the water-lipid balance, removes excessive oiliness of the head, and fights greasy dandruff.
- Copper: It stimulates the production of elastin and collagen, which are essential for hair growth. Increases the elasticity of curls, prevents their breakage.
With the right use, honey masks can help you with improving the health of the scalp, normalizing the water-lipid balance, providing hair roots with vitamins, amino acids, and valuable trace elements, and, eventually stopping your hair from falling out.
Honey for dry, damaged hair
Honey will help fight dry dandruff, itching, and flaking of the scalp. After the procedure, the strands will become more soft and elastic, it will be easier to fit into the hairstyle.
A very popular recipe for dehydrated, dull, and brittle strands is a honey mask with egg. It will revitalize the hair, prevent breakage, and delamination.
What you will heed:
- 3 tablespoons of honey;
- 1 egg;
- almond oil and aloe juice.
Heat the honey in a water bath. In a separate container whisk egg and add a tablespoon of almond oil and the same amount of fresh aloe juice. Evenly apply the mixture on clean dry hair and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it off with slightly warm water.
*This recipe is designed for medium-length hair. If you’re planning to use this mask for longer curls, double the amounts of ingredients.